2.9
Turnaround Time

I'm experiencing an emergency leak under my kitchen sink with flooding onto the kitchen floor.I filed my first claim with American Residential Warranty after the 30 day waiting period.

They took my $55.00 service fee through my credit card first. After waiting the two business days before settling up the appointment date, they told me that they don't have anyone who services in my area, and that I would have to find a certified plumber on my own, pay them their fee, in order to be reimbursed by American Residential Warranty.

Either the representative that signed me up for $93.98 or the one that was insistent on collecting my $54.98 service fee while filing my claim should have researched in advance whether or not plumbing issues in my zip code will not be serviced.This type of misrepresentation to get people's money is totally unacceptable bad business practicing.

Review about: American Residential Warranty Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Deceptive practices.

Had an Experience with American Residential Warranty?

Comments

I withdraw my complaint against American Residential Warranty.After I looked into the matter more thoroughly, I realized that If I had read their contract more carefully within their given 30 day period, I could have had time to select the plan that did cover everything including the fixtures.

My plan did not cover the fixtures. I will own my error.

However, the part of my experience that I am still pissed about is when I waited the 48 hours as required after filing the claim to arrange for them to do the work, they immediately announced to me that they didn't have any plumbers contracted with their company in my zip code, which made me very angry since they accepted my enrollment fee through my credit card despite the fact that they had no plumbers working for them within my zip code working for them.Ultimately, I just canceled my enrollment and joined up with Sears who would never tell me that they have no plumbers to service my zip code, because for me, Sears is local, and not out of state.